September 2011 Meet-up Notes
Mozilla, Nerdery, Clockwork, Renesys, Seagate are hiring.
Talks and findings:
- Tim B talked about data anonymization using python. mysql_dump | python (using generators) can be a good way to keep data streaming the whole way through, and process it line-wise efficiently
- Gregg talked about Fabric: https://gist.github.com/1206734 . Follow-up: fabric does cache sudo passwords. Cf: fabric/io.py and fabric/auth.py
- John S. noted that django aggregation apparently 'just works'. https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/db/aggregation/
- Swift-Linux had a release.
Odds and Sods:
- Ben B., PyMN is on the 2nd Thursday of every month :) Get it together :)
- Thanks to all who came: Curt, Kim, Andy, Rob, Jay, Erik, John, Rohit, Jason, Ben, Gregg, Amanda, Tim
- Keep spreading the word. Tell the list about projects you are working on, and road blocks you face. Bring your friends. Novices welcome.
- I (Gregg) am thinking of getting together a js/jq sort of group. Spread the word, and anyone interested should contact me directly. I also need a good name for such a thing.
- There will probably be a PyStar workshop next month. If you know interested people, send them to Amanda (anyren42 gmail).